Get Ready for Amazing Eyebrows!
You’ve finally done it – you’ve made an appointment to have your eyebrows microbladed. You’re excited to soon be enjoying fuller, more defined brows.
But if you’re like many people, you’re also a bit nervous. You know that microblading is a semi-permanent tattoo procedure, but what does that mean in practice? What will the treatment be like? What can you expect?
Don’t worry. We put together this handy guide specifically so you can understand what goes into your microblading appointment. Keep reading to learn about all the steps you can expect during your appointment, as aftercare, and moving forward.
During the Appointment
- Draw the brows. Our microblading technicians create a brow shape (after consulting you, of course) so we have general guidelines as we complete the procedure.
- Numb the brows. Microblading can be a somewhat painful procedure, so we apply a numbing agent to minimize any discomfort.
- Shape the brows. We remove excess hairs so we’re starting with a clean look.
- Create the “hairs.” Using a special brow embroidery tool, we create individual brow hairs stroke by stroke. We take our time with this step so you can enjoy perfect brows.
- Apply ink. We apply special ink to the new brow hairs, matching your natural hair color and/or your preference. Once it’s dried, we remove the excess ink.
- Reveal the brows! It’s time to see your new brows! We hold up a mirror, and hopefully, you say, “WOW!”
Aftercare instructions are fairly simple. You’ll be able to get right back to your routine, but you should avoid sweating or getting your brows wet for 24 hours. Avoid glycolic acids, and if any scabs form, don’t pick at them.
It’s important to keep in mind that microblading is a semi-permanent procedure. You certainly won’t have to touch up your brows with makeup every day, but you should expect to come back to us in 1-3 years for a reapplication. In the meantime, however, you’ll be able to enjoy your new brows!
We hope this puts your mind at ease about what to expect for your microblading appointment. Of course, if you have any other questions, feel free to give us a call. We love putting patients at ease, and we’re here to help you before, during, and after your appointment. Just get in touch with us to get started.